Thursday, January 19, 2017
Nearly 23 trips I've made around the sun, so in honor of my upcoming birthday, I thought it would be interesting to see if I could put together a list of 22 things I have learned in my 22 years on Earth.
- Do what you want, because either way you're gonna piss somebody off.
- Never take things too seriously.
- Invest in friendships.
- Don't be afraid to speak up.
- Ask questions...lot's of questions.
- Don't worry about the opinions of others.
- Take time off if you need it.
- Drink water instead.
- Wear what makes you feel good.
- Forgiveness is more important than your ego.
- Don't let hair dressers touch your eyebrows.
- It's okay to be on a different path than what's expected of you.
- Invest your time in the things you love.
- Never take anything for granted.
- It's okay to cry sometimes.
- Karma is real.
- Expand your horizons.
- Try new things.
- You are worth something.
- Be aware of your mental health.
- The past is in the past.
- We are all equal.
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Instead of focusing on the past, I would much rather look towards the future in hopes that 2017 will have more opportunity, better friendships, and more love in store for me than 2016. Here are some goals that I have set for myself in the new year...stick around to see how long these last!
|R E S O L U T I O N S|
Be an amazing wife| To me this is something that I would have never thought I would have on my list until much later in life. However me and Matthew got hitched on 1.7.17. I can hardly believe it! Being an amazing wife is something that I long to be. I know the first year of married life can be rough, but I think we are up for the challenge.
Travel| 2016 was a year of complacency for me. I found myself to be too comfortable in my living situation and did little-to-no traveling. I love to go out and see new things, so hopefully 2017 will be a year of doing just that.
Make healthy choices| I'm not going too set myself up for failure with this one by saying, "lose 50 pounds," or something unreasonable. I'm setting the bar low for myself by just choosing to make smarter, more educated choices, about my food consumption.
Post regularly| This is something I have put a lot of thought into. I'm not the best blogger, but I hope to continue to post and grow my readership this year. I have set a goal for myself to post one video and one blog each week. The struggle to find a balance between managing work, marriage, family, and my two social medias, is something I'm not sure I can do. I'm going to try my best to do everything I set my mind out to do...including this. Even if it feels like homework sometimes.